- Have a picnic or BBQ in a park - Great for a casual fun wedding
- Local pub or club
- Your favorite restaurant
- Farm or large property
- Breakfast wedding
- RSL, Sports Club, School Hall, Community Centres
- Rent a holiday house
And if you still want to have your wedding at a reception centre...
- Ask about their cocktail menu. It is alot cheaper than a sit down meal.
- Ask the venue if you can supply your own alcohol, if not, have a bar tab for soft drinks only. Guest can pay for alcohol if they wish
- DJ's are cheaper than bands/singers. In this day and age where everyone has an Ipod, why not do your own wedding music. Load up the Ipod with all the songs you want to use, hook up some speakers and enlist someone to be 'DJ' for the night, pressing play and stop when needed.
- Have your wedding during off peak times. Weekdays, lunch time, Sundays are the times that the venue and suppliers are the least busiest so they may offer discounts.
Best tip of all.... Always ask for a discount!